Write For Us – Become a Contributor
We are looking for guest writers and contributors willing to share their knowledge and insights with other outdoor lovers and tech community.
If you want to share your opinion, tips, and guides that might help our readers overcome issues and solve their problem, you are in the right place.
Categories We Accept:
- Other outdoor activities
If you don’t see the category you are interested in, but think you can provide value and help us with useful information and quality content for our visitors, feel free to get in touch with us and discuss other possibilities.
How Can Our Partnership Benefit YOU?
- writing for us is a great way to raise your profile visibility on social media since we will share your article on numerous social profiles
- (if you have a website) we will link back to you, and let our readers know who is the person behind that content
- (if we agree on long term partnership) we will add your profile (including your short bio and a link to your website) in our author archives, and give you the opportunity to expand portfolio and become a member of our team
- finally, you will have a chance to improve your skills
Step by Step Process of Becoming a Contributor:
- Provide your short biography (later on, when your article is accepted we will need your photo for author box)
- Suggest a few topics (see the categories above). Please try to come up with the headline instead of providing a generic topic.
- Provide examples of your previous work
This step is here to help us distinguish topics and headlines irrelevant to things we usually publish.
After making the first contact, wait for our editors to get in touch.
If you get the confirmation e-mail and we agree on the:
- article topic,
- the optimal length of the post,
- and due date,
We will proceed with working on the quality content together.
Please, make sure to follow our basic requirements and content quality check, since these are one the crucial steps in the process.
We will do our best to provide feedback to everybody, even those whose submissions were rejected will be informed of the stated reason for the rejection.
- Article must be 100% unique (plagiarism and spun is against our beliefs and organization values)
- Make sure to format the article (headings, bullet points, spacing must be on spot)
- Proofread your article before you send it (bad English, typography and grammar mistakes will not be tolerated)
- Articles that have promotional or selling purpose are not welcome, and here we are politely asking you to avoid that
- Include the word “magic” in your initial e-mail, so that we can be sure you’ve read the requirements.
Gear Hub Content Quality Check:
- Know your target audience. Writing with your readers in mind is your number one priority.
- Give readers something they can relate to (provide a solution to their problems, give them valuable information).
- Provide credible sources/resources to substantiate your claims.
- Attach images in high resolution that you want to see in the post and which go along the content (this is optional, but it would be great if you save interesting images you found while doing research). Zip all images in one folder (“IMAGES”).
Submitting Your Post:
- Please submit your article in DOC (or equivalent forms) format.
- We reserve the right to edit the post if we see the need.